This Costa Rican tour operator, is located in "La Fortuna de San Carlos", which is a popular tourist destination at the foot of Arenal Volcano, close to the border with Nicaragua. This touroperator is specialized in sustainable tourism. They offer shuttles, day tours and packages to Nicaragua, leaving from La Fortuna (Costa Rica).
Their mission is to promote the cultural and natural highlights of the San Juan River and the Solentiname Archipelago by offering quality "border crossing tours" to Nicaragua for a fair price. The touroperator strongly prefers to cooperate with businesses which effectively implement "best management practices", working together for sustainable development through tourism in Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
The touroperator is part of an association of different tour operators within Central America.
Activities for interns
Depending on your career and internship requirements, the tasks below mentioned can be selected or adjusted. Examples of tasks are:
• Assist with the daily operations such as: attend walk-in clients, answer the telephone (mostly in Spanish and English), answer emails and make reservations
• Product development: describe new products, calculate costs and selling price
• Work with database: implement pictures, prices, descriptions, contact data, etc
• Make quotations based on new tour requests
• Marketing on fairs: prepare the participation of the fair and do the follow-up
• Coordinate family trips
• Give and develop presentations on the offered products to local hotels and tour operators in the area
• Develop social media tools such as facebook, tripadvisor, twitter for marketing & sales
• Help coordinating the supported projects on culture and sustainability in Nicaragua
The Dutch owner and manager will be your internship supervisor.
Depending on your Spanish skills a work plan will be made for you, but it is necessary to speak at least basic Spanish at the start of your internship. If you don't have this level yet, you can acquire it by taking a 4 –week course in Costa Rica and study in a serious way.
Just to be clear:
On-Stage Latin America provides many internships for all kinds of study programs. Besides the available vacancies on the website, we also offer a wide range of other internships. If you have a specific request, send us an e-mail and we will do our best to help you.
Check out our Fanpage on Facebook