This company, owned by a Dutch couple, consists more or less of two independent business compartments. Approximately 25 persons are fulltime employed by the company and it is situated at the touristical center of Quito.
A) Spanish Language School: focuses on selling language courses, all inclusive packages with a Spanish course, housing and optionally voluntary work
B) Travel agency: sells complete travel packages to whole sale clients and individual customers
Activities for interns
- Write a practical recommendation guide, based on an analysis of the actual sustainability level of the company and its products, on how to become more 'green' and sustainable without big investments. Hereby you can think of the day-to-day business activities for the Spanish school and travel agency, but also how to make the travel packages more sustainable.
- Development of new tourism/school products, such as: creating group activities and implementing marketing tools.
- Communication Plan and Materials for sustainable tourism projects. As a travel agency tries to stimulate the use of small local craftmenshops, projects, etc they encounter the problem that it is sometimes difficult to send tourists due to language barriers and the fail for the tourists to understand what the project is actually doing. Communication students can help to develop a plan and materials to overcome such barriers and organize small workshops for participants how to enteract and communicate with tours and cultural barriers.
- How should the company communicate their sustainable tourism projects to customers and agents
- Preparation of participation in toursim fairs
A normal day would include a part working at the travel agency collaborating in every day tasks. This depends on the student: could be sales, website information maintenance, administration assistance, etc. The other part the student would dedicate to his/her specific project. Working days are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm, with one hour lunch break. How the work will be divided depends on the demands of you University.
Your internship supervisor will be one of the Dutch owners. A desk including a computer will be available for you at the office. This internship company provides a shared room in their studenthouse for free, as a reward for your efforts as a intern.
Just to be clear:
On-Stage Latin America provides many internships for all kinds of study programs. Besides the available vacancies on the website, we also offer a wide range of other internships. If you have a specific request, send us an e-mail and we will do our best to help you.
Check out our Fanpage on Facebook